Saturday 27 June 2015

A Quick Experiment!

So I thought I would do a quick experiment with one of my brand new cups, this one being the wonderful jar with a lid. I wanted to do an experiment with this to see how I should go about taking pictures with a glass jar, I wasn’t entirely sure how lighting would affect the photo so thought it best to do a test before planning an actual shoot and finding myself struggling throughout it. The result of my experimentation is this:



I am actually quite happy with the quick set up that I made. I wanted to have some theme behind it so I could practice putting the jar in an actual situation. I was trying to create a relaxing end of the day themed photo set in the summer or fall. I am planning to do a shoot similar to this in the future but I will do more planning for it and work more on the set up and also decide on what drinks I will use. I feel like it would be really good for an outdoors shoot near firelight or in the light of the sun. I did use a phone as a light to backlight the back of the jar so that the colour of the drink in the jar would stand out more and was more vibrant. In the end I did find it somewhat difficult. I had to try to control the shine coming off the jar so that it wasn’t too distracting and the jar lid also was difficult to work with. I also had a mirror on hand and wanted to do a quick experiment with reflections and the jar just to see what it would look like and also experiment with how light affects the mirror as well as the jar. However I soon was able to find a way to use light to illuminate the picture without having to worry about to many reflections or too much shine. Anyway that is all for tonight so I shall be off. See ya!

- Kamilia

No comments:

Post a Comment