Sunday 7 June 2015

Summer Project Plans, thus far

Right so here is a very quick post purely to record my plans for my Summer Project thus far. I will more than likely come up with more ideas at a later date (Pinterest is helping me immensely to do this). So far I have 5 shoots that I am planing to do over the Summer:

       1. A Pancake shoot, possibly split into two different shoots.
       2. A Sandwich shoot, creating various types of sandwiches and focusing on the ingredients and sauces involved to make them.
       3. A shoot that focuses on the American Diner experience, looking at different foods and drinks that I think are usually served in an American Diner, this will also be foods served at different times of the day (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
       4. A Picnic shoot, featuring the basket, cloth and various foods and drinks
       5. Shooting food from a different perspective

1.
For the first shoot I will be doing two variations for the shoot. For one shoot I will be looking at the process involved with making the pancakes, all the ingredients used, being mixed together and cooked. I will also be capturing the end product, being presented nicely on a plate. I will also feature some nice berries to have on top of the pancakes to give the picture more colour and also to include some different shapes. I would be shooting this in the kitchen as well but may use some different backdrops to make the picture look brighter as well. I may also feature all the ingredients used when the pancakes have been arranged nicely on the plate (e.g. broken eggs, flour, milk spills, etc).

For the second shoot I will be experimenting a bit more, making the pancakes look as though they are floating in the air, but still arranged in the same order (plate at the bottom, pancakes then toppings, knife and fork on the side. I would also like to use some icing sugar to create a snowy effect, will have this falling either on the pancake or infant of it. In order for this to work I will need a dark backdrop in order for this to stand out, may make it more interesting by having dark backdrops of different colours and textures. Can also use the fruit again for this shoot and could have it either just at the top of the picture or possibly falling around the pancakes.

2. For the Sandwich shoot I want to try and do more professional sandwiches that may usually be served in good restaurants that also involve and variety of ingredients. I may also do something similar to the second pancake shoot and suspend the food, showing all the layers and ingredients used. This was initially inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest that was about various sandwiches of the month. Here are some examples:





3.
For the American Diner Experience I would like to get some red and white tartan tablecloth for the table and a brightly coloured background or backdrop that looks like an actual booth to make it look more authentic. Some very specific props would be needed as well for this. Would also like to feature hands in this, the customer and the server. I would like the server to be the same, feminine hands, red nails, well manicured. Will have different hands for the customers however. Would do various shots for this so this may turn into a series rather than just a one time shoot.

4.
For the Picnic shoot I would like to use an actual picnic basket and blanket similar to the diner experience tablecloth. I will also be experimenting with angles, shooting from above and below to make the food and layout of everything look more interesting. Would like to feature hands again, to show the family getting involved, grabbing at all the food and drinks and adding interest to the picture.

5.
Finally of the shoot where I take pictures of food from different perspectives I would like to shoot mainly from below to make for look larger than it really is, things that normally look small like cherries, drinks, appetisers, etc. 

As or everything I would need I have created a list for this:

  • Glass bottles, similar to milk bottles.
  • Various kinds of plates and cutlery, going from basic commonly used ware to broken pieces or more decorated plates.
  • Striped straws that swirl around the straw, not ones that go straight down.
  • Glass jug
  • Glass Kettle
  • Red and white tartan table cloth or picnic blanket
  • Basket, with nice interior or slots for plates and cutlery to go
  • Magnifying Lens pieces for my up close shots
  • Various backdrops
  • Different clean slates of rock and cutting boards
  • Fishing line
  • Split pins
  • Nail polish
  • And of course ingredients for all the food!
Well I think that is everything so far so I shall bid you all farewell. See ya!

- Kamilia

No comments:

Post a Comment