Monday 29 June 2015

Mmmmm Ribs!

Ok I have finished editing some photos that I had taken a couple of days ago. Here I took some pictures of some ribs with chips and salad on the side. One thing I wanted to focus on was all the different shapes, colours and textures of the food. By having food that was so varied I felt that I was able to make a picture that looked very interesting and hopefully rather tasty to boot!
I also chose to use a plain green plate as I thought the colour would work well with the salad and give the picture a more vibrant look, making all the colours of the food stand out.

Here are some of the pictures:







I initially took a picture of the whole plate of food just so people could see how I chose to lay out the food; I then started to play around with the aperture and with different perspectives. I found the pictures I prefer are the ones that feature this shallow depth of field and have this specific focal point that was usually the ribs. There are quite a few that I like but I am also aware of the fact that these can be improved.

I could set the scene differently. Having a set theme in the picture, so making it look darker for instance or focusing on the ingredients. I think if I were to do this again I would like to try using a barbeque or a grill and instead photograph the ribs while it is cooking or even while it is being prepared. I could also have used more salad in the picture so that there are some brighter, healthier colours and fewer chips, as I feel that they take up too much space in the picture.


Anyway that is all for today, there are some other pictures on my Facebook page if anyone cares to see this. I will also be posting pictures on here before I blog about them so if anyone is interested in what pictures I am taking then check it out! These pictures will also be available on my website and Flickr page. Right so on that note I shall be off! See ya!

- Kamilia

No comments:

Post a Comment