Thursday 11 June 2015

An attempt at Art!

So in the dead of the night (around 5 am to be precise) I thought it wise to try my hand at some painting, specifically with watercolours. In the past, way back when I was still doing my GCSE’s, I did art. I found I was best at using acrylic paints, specifically for landscape pieces, I couldn’t sketch to save my life, the very opposite of my brother, dad and granddad, who are all brilliant at doing just this. However, as I had spent all night working and wanted something to do before I went to bed I decided to do a quick sketch and use my old watercolours to try and do a painting of a woman. This picture was of nothing in particular, I was simply drawing, I was however partially inspired by the style and design for the artwork behind the video game ‘Child of Light’. This was the result:



Now this is most definatly not my best work but I am quite pleased with what I was able to do considering it has been a good few years since I last painted, particulalrly since I was so sleep deprived as well! That is of course my fault but still I enjoyed painting this, even though, looking at it now, I can see many places where I can improve upon this. Still hope you all have a good day,! See ya!


- Kamilia

No comments:

Post a Comment