Thursday 25 June 2015

Road Trips in America

So as I was going through my Twitter feed I saw a tweet from NatGeoTravel which had a link to an article showing 50 of America's best Road Trips. I was instantly interested by this, a friend of mine having talked about several and showed me a video a man had done of his hike on the Pacific Crest Trail. After following the link I was shown a variety of smaller sections that split these Road Trips based off of what I would want from the trip or what I would be doing.

Some examples of a few of the Road Trip sections are Must do Drives of 2015, Gourmet Road Trips, Urban Excursions and others. The list that got my attention is the one titled 'Off the Beaten Path'. The Trips listed here are 'Crossing Chattahoochee', 'The Borderlands of Texas', 'Authentic Old West', 'Forgotten Florida', 'Ghost towns of Colorado', 'The Orazarks, Arkansas', 'Dalton Highway, Alaska'.

The Dalton Highway in Alaska looks particularly interesting, mainly because I would love to go to Alaska anyway, and this would be a great opportunity to venture through the country, enjoying the landscape and taking some great pictures along the way. There is something exciting about planning a trip and just spending your time out in the wilderness rather than spending time in towns or in resorts. There are hotels and places to stay on the way so there would be places for people to go if they don't want to camp outside in a tent or a van.





Here is a link to the lists of Road Trips: http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/americas-best-road-trips

Anyway that is all for tonight, I have some photos that I have been working on that I will be sharing so be on the lookout for that. See ya!

- Kamilia

No comments:

Post a Comment